“You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.” – Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
Today I am moved to complete the series of posts on Deepak Chopra’s magnificent 82-page book, entitled The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, climaxing with my interpretation of the Law of Pure Potentiality.
I am both so moved by this principle that I have more content than I can share in one post. I, therefore, have divided the post on The Spiritual Law of Pure Potentiality into two parts.
The posts will complete my discussion of The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success. Just as I have reread Deepak’s book for many years, I have no doubt that I will revisit these laws in future posts. Outside of being an honor student in ‘the school of hard knocks’, reading this book had the greatest positive impact on my spiritual growth and self-actualization.
I highly recommend that you read or reread this book!
In psychology, self-actualization is achieved when you’re able to reach your full potential. Being truly self-actualized is considered the exception rather than the rule since most people are working to meet more pressing needs.
- They Have Peak Experiences – They Have feelings of limitless horizons
- They Possess Self-Acceptance and a Democratic World View – They fully accept themselves. They also embrace other people for who they are
- They Are Realistic
- They Tend to Be Problem-Centered – They are motivated by a strong sense of personal ethics and responsibility.
- The Self-Actualized Person Is Autonomous – They don’t conform to other people’s ideas of happiness or contentment
- They Enjoy Solitude and Privacy – Taking time to themselves is essential for their personal discovery and cultivating their potential.
- They Have a Philosophical Sense of Humor – They have a thoughtful sense of humor.
- Self-Actualized People Are Spontaneous – They tend to be open, unconventional, and spontaneous.
- They Fully Enjoy the Journey, Not Just the Destination
I have been writing and speaking about the truths described in this book for about 20 years. I passionately embrace its spiritual philosophy and strive to live closer to embodying perfection in it every day.
Here is a photo of the inside cover of my tattered version of the book. This copy was meant for my nephew who was in jail at the time, and who had repeatedly made bad decisions. He was in his 20’s at the time.
I remember explaining the principles to him, but I guess I forgot to give him the book. I found it one day when packing to relocate, either from San Antonio, Texas to New Orleans, Louisiana or from New Orleans to Denver, Colorado.
Just as sincerely as I intended to present this book to him, I now present it to you with the same message, typed below.
But I will only break down my interpretation of this spiritual law after explaining my process for writing poems, songs, stories, or posts. Armed with an understanding of my creative process, my words may become more vivid to you.
“If you read this book very carefully, word by word, and read it until you understand it, your life can be changed positively, forever. Try to be open and receptive to the message. It will begin the transformation process. You can do this! Just choose to turn your life around!” – Luv Kevy
My Process For Turning My Emotions Into A Poem, Song, Story or Post Continue reading “The 1st Law of Spiritual Success – Pure Potentiality – We’re In An Abundant Vibration – How To Access It! – Part 1”