I have these regular spontaneous moments, moments of deep Gratitude. Gratitude hits me deeply in my spirit and it hits me at random. I can never predict when it will happen. It doesn’t matter where I am. And, it has just hit me now, inspiring me to write this post!
I was just in the bank, and it hit me while I was in line waiting for the teller. I wanted to record the moment right on the spot, but I know when I get this feeling, I may seem strange to many people. …Sometimes…a bit off, hell, maybe even crazy. So, I didn’t record it when I was in the bank.
But now I’m sitting in my car, in the parking lot. Right now, I’m just trying to express the deep Gratitude that I feel. I am still in Gratitude, so I want to express the feeling I am experiencing now. But I don’t know what to say other than I feel especially grateful to God that I’m here! I feel grateful for the wisdom I’ve gained, the battles through which I’ve endured, and for my total comfort and surrender to God’s will over my life, however, he chooses to allow it to unfold.
This feeling just hits me, a feeling of total jubilation! At that very moment, I’m saying in silence, “God I am so grateful!” for no particular reason. That is how I feel right now.
A lot of times when it hits me, or after it does, I send messages, songs, quotes, or memes to express it in a few words to others. The other day I did so because I felt that feeling, then and I expressed that I’m so grateful to God because it’s a miracle that I’m still here and standing strong!
Because this comes to me at random, it affects me very profoundly. It just hit me again a couple of minutes ago, and I wanted to take this time to express this feeling, to express a deep part of me. Kevy
I generally awaken every morning with a feeling of Gratitude to God for another day. But when I feel Gratitude in this way, it is one that’s driven by my intention to be grateful every day. I influence the feeling intentionally every morning. But the random Gratitude that I’m speaking of is spontaneous; it’s unexpected. It happens when I am unprepared for it.
In an instant, it illuminates my spirit, my entire being, my vibration, and my aura. Then I feel encouraged to share this feeling with others. This act too is by intent, but with good intentions to encourage others. I share in the event that they might need encouragement.
But I also share it to let them know that this feeling, the feeling of spiritual glorification, is real. It’s real and I want to announce that I’ve attained it. In attaining such euphoria, I want to share the good news that we all have access to this feeling.
But sometimes I become discouraged when sharing this news. Often others don’t feel grateful as strongly as I do, are not feeling it at that moment, or have never felt this way. They, therefore, don’t understand.
After feeling spontaneous Gratitude, and having no one to converse with about it, I listen to gospel songs that expressed the feeling that I had just felt. I don’t really focus so much on the name of Jesus. Yahweh Yahushua, Allah, Krishna, Buddha, or whomever. I just focus on what God is, under the umbrella of all of those names. And the Gratitude that I feel in surrendering to God seems similar to what the gospel artists express in their songs.
After that, I usually meditate. I finished meditating just a few minutes, prior to recording this to audio that was later transcribed. My meditation is mindful meditation. At first, it consists of silently saying affirmations, then it becomes a prayerful meditation. I pray in silence, saying specific prayers of Gratitude, Healing, Increase, and Guidance, but praying in meditation, repeating them until the words seem to disappear on their own.
Eventually, I totally escape the place and time in which I’m in. I escape all thoughts, all problems, fears, or worries. I am in Bliss; I would imagine as a baby is.
Then from there I usually have a strong urge to create something. I usually start to author a poem, produce a video, write a blog post, or just record thoughts, as I am doing now.
Then spontaneously, it may occur once more. I feel incredibly Grateful again! It never stops. Describing this feeling is something that is personal, and extremely hard to describe. I hope I’ve given you at least an inkling of how I feel in this moment of deep Gratitude. Kevy
Why I Am Grateful – Kind of Testimonial
If my expression of Gratitude on this day sounds like a testimony, it is.
Audio Testimony On Gratitude For My Mother
I’m Grateful for my mother, my angel, my favorite girl in the world! I’m Grateful for the wisdom that she shared with me. I’m Grateful for having the honor of serving her.
- I’m grateful for the sun. I can always count on the sun. I’m here in the Rocky Mountains, close to heaven, 15,000 feet above sea level. I can safely expect the sun at least 360 days a year. I appreciate the birds, the trees. I appreciate the ground where I now stand barefoot, receiving healing frequencies for my body, mind, and spirit. I am Grateful to God for these things.
- I’m Grateful for my illustrious life experiences, good and bad.
- I’m Grateful for the ducks that just flew over my head while grounding.
- I’m Grateful for New Orleans, my hometown. It was a struggle at times. It was also a joy and was a celebration. It was all those things. But, from that experience, the lessons learned were priceless.
- I’m Grateful for having traveled the world. Seeing the distinctions of other cultures, oddly showed me Who I Am.
- I’m Grateful for my success, for my failures, my downfalls, my defeats, and victories.
- I am Grateful that finally, I love and accept who I am, without conditions.
- I am Grateful that I don’t aim to please others, but only God. I am Grateful that I love God and therefore love myself. I am Grateful to truly believe that God is within me.
- I have so much for which I am Grateful, I haven’t even had breakfast yet!
- I’m Grateful for the knowledge that I gained along the way, traveling on my life journey.
- I am Grateful for wisdom, discernment, new understanding, and new paradigms. I am grateful that I believe in a power greater than I am. I am Grateful to be a believer! I am Grateful to know God.
- I am Grateful to know what Love is and isn’t.
- I am Grateful to know that there are an infinite number of truths. I no longer argue with others to defend my truth. We are both correct.
- I am grateful to know The Seven Spiritual Laws, The Four Agreements, and The Three Questions: “Who am I, what is real, and What is Love?”, as well as many other spiritual principles from modern-day prophets, writers, artists, and creators.
- I am Grateful to have endured through COVID19, immersed in knowledge and faith, and not in propaganda and fear. I am Grateful for those who I helped through the pandemic, along the way.
- I am Grateful to know that Giving & Receiving is but one law. I am happy with what I have given and received.
- I am Grateful for knowing how my body functions. …Grateful that I can see God’s magnificence beyond the Rocky Mountains, the sky, and the sun, but seeing God’s magnificence as it exists in my body, and how it functions.
- I’m Grateful that I know the importance of treating the gift of this body as the temple as God wants me to.
- And, I am Grateful for knowing, now in my life, that simply being Grateful is healing my mind, body, and spirit in this testimony of Gratitude.
I am Grateful, indeed.
In the works below, I show a small sample of the times that the feeling of deep Gratitude overwhelmed me into writing about it. Some of the works are complete poems; Others are excerpts from poems or songs. Kevy
Oh, Heavenly Spirit
Your presence is always with
Your beauty emerges
When the world
Seeks to challenge
I am deeply grateful
For the signals
That you send to
In your way,
How much you love
When I struggled
It was you
That gave determination to
I realized that
Unimaginable options for
When at the end of the road
It was you who
When frail and broken
I remember the very day
Your strength with
It seems like yesterday
I was tattered and scarred
You’ve cleaned and polished
Before I ask questions
You already know
Divine answers to
Oh, Holy spirit
I’ll forever live
In each moment
Never to miss
The next signal
You send to
I’m looking closely
At all that happens
Eyes wide open
Even while I
I will preserve
My burning desire
How you reveal
Oh, Heavenly Spirit
Is always with
Your beauty appears
Just when life
Seeks to challenge
For the signals
That you send to
In your subtle way,
Just how much
Endured (Excerpt from A Song)
Now I celebrate the Sun
Yesterday there was Rain
I am filled with Happiness
I’ve felt the depths of Pain
There’s a smile on this face
It was once covered in tears
I am pleased with where I am
I struggled to get here
I am grateful for the clouds
On a sunshiny day
I cherish the storms of life
And I’m still calm today
Had not been for the pain
I wouldn’t be overjoyed
And I am delighted today
Because of what I endured
What I endured
What I endured
I’m so grateful for the trials
That I endured
In this world of complication
There is one thing I am sure
The prelude to wisdom
Is what I endured
The voice of God
Calls out to me with recognizable clarity
It’s like singling out a single chirp
Within the melody of birds caroling in the morning
Though but a whisper
Amongst the chatter, I can feel His call
Deep within my spirit
He’s telling me to accept his grace
Just as the flowers do
When they smile in gratitude
To the sun each day
I am grateful to hear the call
Chosen from all those
Who couldn’t filter out the noise
I eagerly follow God’s voice
As though I were a flower
Having no other choice
But to bloom
I live by the commands of
Voice of God
Grateful (A chorus to a song never completed)
Until I accepted God
I began to hope
When I found that
I am loved
Now I cannot wait
For the beauty
Each day brings to me
I can laugh
When I used to cry
I’m stronger now
There’s nothing that
I can’t survive
And I’m ready to
Give love back
To show that
I’m deeply grateful
Thank You, Lord (Excerpt from a song)
I am happy for the path I’m on
And where you placed my feet
It all makes sense
The trials I’ve had
Lord, you were preparing me
I have no hate
Within my heart
Lord, you told me to forgive
I have no fear
My doubts are gone
You taught me to believe
I want to
Thank you, Lord,
Thank you, Lord,
Now I am at peace
My burdens gone
I will follow you
Use me as you wish
Greeting Card Concept
God rescued me
When I was drowning
Drowning in a sea of fear
God, was my lifesaver
I’m glad that he was near
I used to turn and walk away
He showed me how to forgive
He is merciful
For so long
I wanted a love just like this
That’s because I am
His loving child
I am his loving child
And I am so grateful
To have a father like this
You Did (Excerpt from a song)
Weak and all broken
I shouted out your name
Though I let you down before
You still gave me your hand
All I needed was a friend
Didn’t care about opinions
And I didn’t want to be fixed
Just needed understanding
Now I’m so grateful for the day
That you gave me one more chance
Then embraced me
And loved away my all pain
And you gave
And you loved
Then you touched me again
In an instant,
You erased away my shame
And you looked
Pass the scars
You looked deep inside of me
In just one touch
I am not the same
That’s just what you did
That’s just what you did
I’m forever strong
For what you did
Gratitude | Psychology Today – Thankfulness – Reviewed by Psychology Today Staff
Gratitude is the expression of appreciation for what one has. It is a recognition of value independent of monetary worth. Spontaneously generated from within, it is an affirmation of goodness and warmth. This social emotion strengthens relationships, and its roots run deep in evolutionary history—emanating from the survival value of helping others and being helped in return. Studies show that specific areas of the brain are involved in experiencing and expressing Gratitude. Brain scans of people assigned a task that stimulates the expression of Gratitude show lasting changes in the prefrontal cortex that heighten sensitivity to future experiences of Gratitude. Read More
Gratitude is an easy and effective way of retraining your brain. If you focus on the good, soon you will see more, enjoy more, appreciate more. Here are nine quick facts about the benefits of practicing Gratitude:
- Lights up the Brain’s Reward Pathway – Thinking about other people doing nice things floods the brain with positive chemicals and sparks brain activity critical to sleep, orgasms, mood regulation and metabolism.
- Shifts the Heart Rhythm – Increases coherence of body functions, which facilitates higher cognitive functions, creating emotional stability and facilitating states of calm.
- Increases Social Connection – You can feel greater connection and feel more satisfied with friends, family, school, community, and yourself.
- Lessens Anxiety & Depression Symptoms – Challenging negative thought patterns, helps to calm anxiety and boost the moods of those who are depressed.
- Increases Heart Variability – Heart patients who practice Gratitude show better moods, better sleep, less fatigue, and lower levels of inflammatory biomarkers related to cardiac health.
- Increases Empathy & Compassion – The more thankful we feel, the more likely we are to act pro-socially toward others, causing them to feel grateful and setting up a beautiful virtuous cascade.
- Improves Physical Health – Strengthens the immune system, lowers blood pressure, reduces symptoms of illness, and makes us less bothered by aches and pains.
- Increases Resilience – Helps you bounce back from stressful events and helps you deal with adversity by acting as a buffer against internalizing symptoms.
- Increases Productivity – Feeling grateful to others makes us inspired and uplifted—these feelings of elevation bolster motivation to become healthier, more generous people but also better, more productive workers.
Say “Thank You” – A Motivational Video On The Importance Of Gratitude – Dec 14, 2017 – Fearless Soul
How Gratitude Can Change Your Life | Weekly Wisdom Episode 13 – Jan 8, 2018 – Jay Shetty
“I cannot tell you anything that, in a few minutes, will tell you how to be rich. But I can tell you how to feel rich, which is far better, let me tell you firsthand, than being rich. Be grateful. . .. It’s the only totally reliable get-rich-quick scheme.” – Ben Stein
“The universe operates through dynamic exchange . . . giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. And in our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives.” – Deepak Chopra
“We keep blessings circulating in our life simply by being Grateful.” – Kevy Michaels
“Gratitude is one of the most effective ways of getting in touch with your soul.” – Deepak Chopra
“Enough’ is a feast.” – Buddhist proverb
“This [is] the day [which] the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalms 118:24
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” – Matthew 6:21
A person however learned and qualified in his life’s work in whom gratitude is absent, is devoid of that beauty of character which makes personality fragrant. – Hazrat Inayat Khan
“As we express our Gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
“When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.” – Deuteronomy 8:10 (KJV)
“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
Everything we do should be a result of our gratitude for what God has done for us. – Lauryn Hill
Additional Videos on Gratitude
The Science of Gratitude – Oct 6, 2016 – Tremendousness
The Science of Gratitude – Nov 15, 2019 – Momentous Institute
Can being grateful actually benefit your health? Listen in to our own Tina Robertson as she explains how there’s more to Gratitude than just saying “Thank you.”
The Gratitude Experiment – Sep 26, 2012 – Watch Well Cast
The Amazing Effects of Gratitude – Nov 26, 2015 – Brain Craft
Gratitude Praise Songs
Grateful – Hezekiah Walker – Feb 26, 2010 – Mr. Gospel Music
Gratitude – Brandon Lake | Moment – Dec 28, 2020 – Bethel Music
Thank You (feat. Steffany Gretzinger & Chandler Moore) | Maverick City | TRIBL – Mar 3, 2020 – TRIBL
Gratitude – Nov 7, 2014 – UCLA Gospel Choir (feat. Gospel Gangstaz)
Official Music Video for ‘Thankful’ – JJ Hairston | TRIBL – Nov 19, 2021 – TRIBL
Marvin Sapp – Thank You for It All (2020 Stellar Awards Performance) – Oct 26, 2020 – Marvin Sapp
“Be Grateful” (Original) (1978) Walter Hawkins – Jun 18, 2015 – Gospel Nostalgia
Note: You may use Google Translate to copy and paste, then translate any posts on this website, to over 60 different languages.
Being cognizant of international visitors, I want to do all that I can to communicate wisdom globally for all.