Become Like Freddie The Lounge Lizard, But Just For A Day
Have you ever met someone who is ultra-chillax? They don’t let anything upset them. They are the kind that repeats mantras like “Child, I can’t be bothered”, or “Life is too short”.
I’ve admired those type of people for years. I’ve seen this attitude most vividly in the ghettos and projects of New Orleans. Though we struggled and suffered, we never let it cramp our spirit.
On my mother’s block, there were two families who lived across from each other. They were on section 8 housing assistance and other aid, and surely struggled to provide for themselves and several kids but seemed pretty joyous every day. The played music for the neighborhood, even with deejays. And when one of the kids had a birthday, they celebrated with elaborate house decorations, barbeques, and bouncy houses.
And during the second-line season, no matter the challenges they faced, they were out in the streets dancing with umbrellas and handkerchiefs.
New Orleans is known as The Big Easy for a reason. Everybody is so chilled. For me, after returning from world travel, it was a culture shock. Traffic moves slowly, grocery store cashiers, restaurants, and parades. But no one’s on edge about it.
In New Orleans’s black neighborhoods, it is common to hang out in the streets and play your music loud, with a cocktail, and ‘smoke smoke’ to accompany it. Most people just sit on their shade covered porch and chill. Just riding through neighborhoods can be quite entertaining, especially when it is not dangerous.
I remember when I had to catch to bus from my high school, Mc Donogh #35, I would arrive at the Magazine and Camp stop and would see a family sitting on the porch, about 4 of them, each with a plate, having dinner, watching the traffic as it passes by. It was like clockwork. They would always be there. They ‘felt no pain’ about it either.
In New Orleans chilling is part of the culture. But, now I live in the Rocky Mountain Region.
I can’t chill that way every day, as I used to in New Orleans, but I carry with me the knowledge of knowing how important it is to just chill.
Relaxing is healthy for the mind, body, spirit, and soul. It is just as much health maintenance as doing a detox. Relaxing, in its highest form is meditation. But you don’t have to meditate to reap the benefits of relaxing.
Chilling, Relaxing, or Chillaxing simply involves releasing your thoughts, stressors, worries, and problems. It involves relaxing your body, your muscles, your organs, your cells, and your molecules. Relaxing involves putting all these things in a big basket, and giving it to God, and asking, “Can you tend to this for me until I get back?”
In a couple of phrases, relaxing is kicking back on your sofa, chilling, and saying, “Child, I can’t be bothered”, or “Life is too short”.
I figured with the weekend now behind us, there will come a point when you’ll just need to relax. It may be tonight, tomorrow or next week. Please take time to let it all go.
Forget about work, Bill’s, and problems. Sometimes when you let them go, they reprioritize themselves. What you thought was most critical, may move to the bottom of the list. It may just disappear by the morning. You must release such thoughts if you are to relax.
If you must think about anything, reflect on all for which you are grateful. God will be smiling at you.
Here are my suggestions for your ultra-chill afternoon or evening:
- Upon waking, reflect on those things for which you are grateful. Thank God.
- Meditate and/or pray to the God of your understanding.
- Have a large glass of water in the morning. Ozonate the water, if you have the device.
- Drink the water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach
- Add lemon and a spoon of baking soda, if you want to detox your liver, and adjust your ph level.
- Smoothie and Juicing
- Have a smoothie, not only with sweet fruit, include healthy veggies and supplements – Coconut Oil, Protein, Probiotics, Green Powder, and make coconut water your base.
- If you decide to juice, juice healthy items including Carrots, Beets, Ginger, Turmeric, Kale, Broccoli, Chard, Potatoes (white and sweet), Celery, Cucumber, and Cabbage.
- At least an hour after the water, smoothie and juicing, eat anything you want but include fiber and antioxidants in your breakfast.
- Alternatively, eat fresh fruit for breakfast, including bananas, toast, a boiled egg, and yogurt or a probiotic drink. Include nuts for protein.
- Drink more water, aiming for 90 ounces a day, which include all other liquids, for they too contain water.
- Go to your favorite local whole foods salad bar and prepare a healthy salad for yourself. Don’t add too much if any lettuce! ….not much nutritional value.
- Instead, line the bottom of the container with arugula, spinach, and kale.
- The following items are very important: Beets, Cabbage, Carrots, and Bell Pepper (all 3 colors). For protein, add Garbanzo Beans, Cheese, Meat (Tuna, Chicken, Crab), and Sunflower Seeds. Your preferred dressing should be olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Pack this salad to go.
- Have a great soup to accompany the healthy salad, vegan or not.
- Add a piece of bread to your lunch meal. Eat the type that’s healthiest for you.
- Don’t eat too heavy eat a light meal.
- Don’t eat fried foods, at least on this day.
- Take a nature walk. Bring along earbuds to listen to inspiring or relaxing music.
- This combination is not only healthy for the body. It’s good for the spirit and soul.
- Have a large glass of water in the evening. Ozonate the water, if you have the device.
- Have a healthy dinner meal that includes: Protein (Meat, Fish, or Meat Substitute), Green Leafy Veggies, A Healthy Salad (Or sliced tomatoes, avocado, or cucumbers, with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Here are suggested meals from Dr. Mercola – Read More.
- Follow your meal with a mild intoxicant: One Glass of wine (red) or cocktail, an MJ smoke smoke, if legal, or MJ edibles. But don’t do anything more, and don’t be greedy and overdo this part.
- Note: edibles will take about an hour to take effect. This step can be optional, but it will help you to chill better.
- Don’t consume anything that is illegal.
The Relaxing Part
- Next, you will prepare to take a salt and mineral bath. In my special baths, I include the following ingredients: Very Warm Water, Epsom Salt (scented and unscented), Himalayan Sea Salt, Baking Soda, Frankincense, Lavender, and Peppermint Oil (Only a few drops; Many other oils are helpful), Natural Bubble Bath, and Calgon Bath Powder or another brand.
- Here are recipes that you can also follow:
o 5 Natural Detox Bath Recipes – Wellness Mama – Read More
- Turn off your smartphone and all other devices that may disturb you.
- Set up your bathroom for relaxation, prayer, and meditation: Using YouTube Meditation Music, iAwake Tracks, A scented misting diffuser, Candles, Incense, and only natural lighting. Design this environment as is comfortable for you.
- Play the music or sound very low.
- Add Lavender or another relaxing essential oil to your misting diffuser. Here are essential oils for healing and relaxing: 6 Aromatherapy Essential Oils for Stress Relief and Sleep – By Marlynn Wei, MD, JD – Read More
- Lay a very large bath towel on the floor before sinking into the tub.
- Lower yourself in the tub very slowly to acclimate to the water temperature.
- Submerge into the water after a while, of course, keeping your head above the water.
- Now, in the soothing waters, reflect, pray and meditate.
- After about 20 minutes sitting in the water, get out of the tub, but leave the water in. You will go back for another soak, and besides, the water makes the whole house smell sweet.
- No lay wet and naked on the towel, on the floor, with eyes closed further relaxing.
- Reflect, Pray and Meditate further. You will find yourself rather sleepy and may fall asleep.
- Soak in the water again for 20 minutes, following each of the previous steps.
- Lay wet and naked on the towel once again.
- Now dry off and lay on the sofa, with a comfortable pillow, and a light blanket, if desired.
- After a while, take on a project, such as reading, writing, cooking, organizing a room, painting, or anything creative. But don’t turn on the TV, Smartphone or other devices.
- Lastly, listen to the chill music posted below for theme music. The YouTube music post does contain commercials but attempt to be so chilled, that the commercials don’t register.
Believe it or not, I follow this routine nearly every day, but at least 5 days in a week. It keeps me chilled like my imaginary friend, Freddie The Lounge Lizard. Nearly every day, I am Cooler Than a Fan.
I would love for you to experience this level of relaxation, if only for one day. – Kevy
Our Medical Disclaimer
I must always remind readers to read our medical disclaimer. I do this not because I don’t believe in the protocols that I recommend. I do it because most alternative healing is not accepted in westernized cultures, and I could be fined for giving what is considered ‘medical advice’.
My perspective, however, is that all healing is not ‘medical’. Some treatments involve diet, lifestyle, spirit, state of mind, and even miracles.
There are other more practical reasons why I must stress reading our medical disclaimer.
I have paired the list down to four items:
- I am unsure of your conditions, and if the diagnostics (namely blood work) accurately identifies that you have a condition.
I prepare for examinations and labs nearly a month in advance. I follow each of the pillars of optimal health up to the day that I am examined. I do this because test results can be throw off by lifestyle choices, and before you know it, you believe that you have a condition that you may not. Diabetes and cholesterol are good examples of this phenomenon, whereby poor test results can be affected by not preparing for the test.
I am simply unsure if you have the condition that you believe that you have. The result you received could be temporary.
- I am unsure of the medicines that you are taking and the effects that they have on your body. Your condition could be related to prescription medicine, and only you know what medicines you take.
- I am unsure of your lifestyle. With holistic healing, everything is related to health, mind, body, and spirit. I just don’t know your status in this regard.
- I don’t know your spirit. Your spirit and attitude affect the production of chemicals in your brain and therefore your overall health. Holistic healing requires positivity, confidence, and courage. It requires surrender to a power higher than man. Even if one followed the regiments that I suggest, they may not work if your mind is not right for the holistic health journey.
The bottom line is that designing your health plan is personal.
There are many aspects of ‘your being’ to which only you are aware. Complimented by advice from medical and naturopathic practitioners that you trust, must ultimately define your regiment and the pace to which you will make the necessary lifestyle changes.
So, please read our medical disclaimer statement. Alternative regiments work best if you practice a holistic lifestyle and believe in the benefits of the regiments you follow.
Euro Lounge Ambien Music To Chillax To
Please note that the music below is not the music that you soak, pray and meditate to. This music is the music that you play after the chill techniques have already been performed. This music should be played after the regiment is complete, when you are perhaps studying, creating, writing, reading, baking, cooking, or taking on a new project.
After performing the Chill regiment that I have provided, it is my hope that the ‘reset’ will energize you to take on something other than worries, problems, stress, or television.
Some songs were upbeat, but they should not be too intense. – Kevy
Best of Buddha Luxury Bar Lounge #2018 Summer Happiness Edition – 53,119 views – Chill Out & Lounge Music – Published on Jul 26, 2018
Best Buddha Luxury Bar Summer Lounge tracks. Relaxing deep Lounge sounds for chilling. Best of Buddha Luxury Bar Lounge 2018 Summer Happiness Edition
Buddha Luxury Bar Summer Lounge 2018 Edition – 161,281 views – Chill Out & Lounge Music – Published on May 29, 2018
The best selection of Buddha Luxury Bar Lounge melodies. Relaxing deep sounds for chilling. Best of Buddha Luxury Bar 2018 Summer Mix. Summer Lounge Music. Buddha Luxury Bar Summer Lounge 2018 Edition
Best of Chillout Music Mix #1 – Lounge Music – Relaxing Music – 4,992,004 views – Dance Chillout – Published on Sep 21, 2015
Greece Chill Lounge Mix 2015 [HD] – 341,819 views – Chill Out & Lounge – Published on Feb 14, 2015
Greece is strategically located at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa. The country consists of nine geographic regions: Central Greece, the Peloponnese, Thessaly, Epirus, the Aegean Islands (including the Dodecanese and Cyclades), Thrace, Crete, and the Ionian Islands. The Aegean Sea lies to the east of the mainland, the Ionian Sea to the west, and the Mediterranean Sea to the south. The fantastic weather certainly helps to tempt holidaymakers too as temperatures soar from June to August.
AMBIENT CHILLOUT LOUNGE RELAXING MUSIC | Background Music for Relax – Feb 5, 2019 – Relax Chillout Music
Wonderful Ambient chillout lounge relaxing Long Playlist for Relaxation Background Study Spa Massage Sleep. 🎵Spotify Playlist🎵: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/30i… Session by: Jjos Tracklist Session: 1 – Evolucion (Ambient Mix) by Jjos & Fede García 2 – Volveré (Essence Ambient Mix) Feat. Lenna Ros 3 – Spirit 4 – To You by Fede García (Jjos Chilled Remix) 5 – Too Good To Be True (Ambient Mix) 6 – Dreamer 0.2 (Chill Mix) 7 – I Know Where I Stand 8 – You’re Free (Chilled Mix) 9 – Believe (Ambient Mix) 10 – Into Eternity (Ambient Mix) 11 – Doesn’t Matter (Chill Mix) 12 – Infinity (Chill Mix) 13 – Stories (Introspective Mix) Feat.Cory 14 – Show Me Love (Chill Mix) by Jjos & Fede García 15 – Stars On The Sea 16 – Foolish Game (Evolution vocal mix) Feat. Deary’s by Jjos & Fede Garcia 17 – Elements (Chill Mix) 18 – Here I Go (Lounge Mix) Feat. Tim Gelo 19 – It’s Time 20 – Countdown (Chilled Mix) 21 – Promise Land (Balearic Club Mix) 22 – Beat Time
↳ Turn on notifications (🔔) to stay updated with new uploads! 🌴 Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2wijHu2 Ibiza Summer Mix 2018 ‘ Best Summer Hits – Best Of Tropical Deep House Music 2018 Chill Out Mix – Chill Out Music – Remixes Of Popular Songs – Tropical Deep House Summer Mix
3 HOURS Relaxing Music | Ambient Chillout | Balearic Summer Time – Session by Jjos – 4,435,061 views – 11K1K – Relax Chillout Music – Published on May 27, 2015
3 HOURS Relaxing Music | Ambient Chillout | Background Study Spa Massage Sleep
Lounge Beats 16 by DJ Paulo Arruda – Deep House Music & Soulful – 1,102,385 views – 5.5K291 – DJ Paulo Arruda – Published on Jul 24, 2016
I need of your support to pay host, bandwidth and to buy music. You can do any donate on our website: http://pauloarruda.com/donate.html
Note: You may use Google Translate to copy and paste, then translate any posts on this website, to over 60 different languages.
Being cognizant of international visitors, I want to do all that I can to communicate wisdom globally for all.