You Are The Captain Of Your Mind & Thoughts
Dear friends, I have a big revelation to share: We solely own the controls to our minds.
Since God granted us free will, no one but God can take it away from us. This is only true, if we don’t allow others to. Most people, though, are walking around on autopilot, and allow their surroundings to control their minds. They allow external factors to overpower what God bestowed in us all. That’s crazy, but that’s what we do.
We allow Religion, Politics, Finances, Materialism, Relationships, Health, and Family to control our minds. None of them has the right to! …Only we do!
In the post, Don’t Want Him On Your Back! Don’t Pet Him, I used an example of a cute monkey distracting a person, and therefore being left to him to carry on his back. This is just what the forces that want to control our minds do too. They recognize that the most powerful tool we have is our mind. They recognize that it is with the mind that we serve God. That’s why so many distractions are after our minds, for control.
Furthermore, they are after the mind so that we are unaware of how powerful we truly are.
This is used in politics extensively today. ‘The people’ have the ultimate power over society. ‘The people’ are ‘the government’. But, spin and fake news distracts us from believing and acting on this, and therefore change comes slowly or never comes at all.
God granted us the freedom to live life however we want to, and no one can take that away, by changing our thoughts and imprisoning us mentally, but us.
The desire for a free mind is an urge that we cannot suppress while we are living. It has to be fed. We cannot turn off this desire. Only after we are dead will it be stopped.
So, don’t try to suppress your desires for freedom. Express them! Live them! But recognize that many forces are aware of the power of this endowed gift. You should expect to be constantly tried and challenged for ‘being free’. Don’t let these obstacles change your mind or you, or you will never achieve the full freedom or goal that you desire.
Let the ‘noise’ pass by you. Lean back, when it arrives. For if you allow it to pass through you, reaching your mind, it will become you, and continually eat at you. Stand up like a strong man or woman. Don’t bow to it. If you can take it, you will make it!
The mind, the hard drive between our ears is very impressionable and programmable, which causes a constant war between good and evil, over the code to program our minds in its favor. This battle, if we allow it to unfold on us, will make our mind foggy, our dreams impossibilities, our independence impractical, and our goals unobtainable. It may depress us, or lead us to destructive choices. This constant battle in our mind will definitely stunt our growth.
All that we will do, or not do, have, or not have, accomplish, or not accomplish will therefore be derived, from a conflicted and battled mind. This may be the biggest battle that we will ever have, if we don’t contain it, take charge, and keep sacred the free will that God has granted us all.
What fuels our uncontainable desire to be free is simply that we all want to be able to be ourselves. But we are able to; we just don’t do it.
Often we are not ourselves because of our allegiance to Religion, Politics, Finances, Materialism, Relationships, Health, and Family. But it makes little sense to let these factors control us, especially if they cause us to not be who we are, or who we are meant to be. It’s also signaling to God that we do not value the right to choose that he has granted.
We may tend to allow this to happen because we do not want to go through the laborious exercise of deciding what is right and what is wrong. …who’s good, and who’s bad. Because though we do have free will, we realize that there are consequences to every decision we make.
Laziness causes us to not ruffle feathers, and go with the status quo, even when it imprisons us inside. We worry about judgement, and being accepted, therefore tone down who we really are.
But we were made perfect, just as we are. Why should we hide our perfection? ..Or imperfections? We are perfect in our imperfections too. Maybe we restrict our minds because we are afraid of failure. Our minds have been so negatively brainwashed that we struggle with embracing hope, and therefore our own thinking.
But just like fear is requisite to courage, so is failure requisite to success.
You must fail, then get up, to be regarded as successful. If we go nowhere or stay restricted, we are then truly a failure, and furthermore are disappointing God.
I believe that we are given free will, and its consequences so that we can build virtues and wisdom. It is only by following our gut that we will grow out of our shells, and learn new things. But we do need to act responsibly when doing so, being cognizant of those who may be harmed by our individuality and pursuits.
In freeing our minds, we must not be reckless, and must have good intent. If not, karma will self-correct. And she can be a ‘biotch’, depending on how well you treat her.
But don’t try to be so careful about not harming others around you. You are only expressing yourself as you feel in your heart. If that offends those around you, then get away from those people. They are not for your good or for your growth.
Friends, you are the sole owner of your mind.
Unless you get your mind right, everything will leak out that you invest in it. You must have a mindset that’s receptive to be blessed. You have to decide to be blessed. You must have a mindset that’s receptive to change. You must want to change. You must have a mindset to fight for what’s yours. You must want to be free.
You should accept that you will be challenged, distracted, judged, and ostracized. That’s par for the course. The biggest battles that we will ever have will be in your mind. Accept that, don’t fight over whether these obstacles exist. They really do. But that’s irrelevant to freeing your mind.
The key is to let these things flow past you, if they are causing you conflict. The value of freeing one’s mind in this way is incalculable, priceless even.
Once you are free in your mind, you will be truly free and no devil, system, government, power, relationship, boss, or community will be able to hold you back.
Remember, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
At times, you might have thoughts that you would rather not have, such as persistent worries, little niggles, or recurring concerns that don’t go away. Often, the more you try to free your mind of these thoughts, the more persistent they become.
The best way to free your mind from unwelcome or unwanted thoughts to is engage it with other thoughts or to remove or resolve the cause of the thoughts you are having. Here are 30 ways that you can free your mind immediately:
- Let go of the past
- Be mindful
- Stop feeling guilty
- Smile and laugh
- Watch a funny film
- Stop people-pleasing and approval-seeking behaviors
- Just do it!
- De-clutter your physical possessions
- Visualize yourself as the person you want to be
- Make the decision to let go of toxic relationships and nourish positive connections
- Do one thing every day to work towards a dream
- Get absorbed in Hobbies or Crafts
- Practice self-love
- Spend time alone
- Try something new
- Become less attached
- Let go of guilt
- Practice gratitude
- Read inspirational stories
- Make a commitment to keep learning
- Use positive affirmations
5 Powerful Ways to Free Your Mind and Discover Greater Personal and Professional Success – By Joan Moran – THE BLOG – Dec 06, 2017
Freeing Up Space In Your Mind
The concept of freeing up space in your mind might seem uncomfortable at first because its takes you outside your comfort zone. To some, free mind space represents confusion, doubt and fear. To others, free mind space represents possibilities and opportunities — the world is your oyster.
No mind can be free in a state of anger and disappointment. Once free of the negativity that occupies more space in your mind than you realize, you will be able to consciously free up your thoughts and desires. Space can set free the unlimited power within you for personal and professional growth. Space will also give you focused awareness about what the unconscious mind is identifying as important.
Here are five suggestions that will free up space in your mind and alter the trajectory of your life’s journey:
- Down Time Is Up Time – Take time to regroup and contemplate whatever was on my mind
- Stop Being the Judger – Over a lifetime you collect ideas from parents, society, friends, history, teachers, ministers, the media and the Internet. Don’t live in another person’s head.
- Learn to Meditate – Clear the mind and come into a relaxed physical and mental state
- Practice Silence – When the head is clear ideas began to flow
- Master What Matters To You – One thing that delivers extraordinary results in every area of your life.
You can never achieve that state of personal freedom if you don’t let your mind be free.
When you free the mind, you are overcoming distractions that get in the way of what matters most to you personally and professionally. Creating open space in your mind will increase your focus and confidence and enhance the quality of your life.
Joan Moran is a keynote speaker and creative thought leader, commanding the stage with her delightful humor, raw energy, and wealth of life experiences. She is an expert on wellness and is passionate about addressing the problems of mental inertia. A yoga instructor, Moran is the author is “Sixty, Sex, & Tango, Confessions of a Beatnik Boomer.” Visit her at www.joanfrancesmoran.com. Follow Joan Moran on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joanfmoran
FREE YOUR MIND – BEST MOTIVATIONAL VIDEO 2017 – 543 views – Motivation Master – Published on Sep 13, 2017
Kevy – This video makes the following points that moved me when I reviewed it:
- Fix your mind before blessings can be bestowed on you
- Unless you get you mind right, everything will leak out that you invest in it.
- You have to have a mindset to be blessed; You have to decide to be blessed
- You have to have a mindset to Change; You must want to change
- Struggles are tests giving opportunity to show off the victory of your mind to handle change
- The most powerful tool is your mind
- Don’t waste another day with the same old mentality that hasn’t worked
- A negative mind will never give you a positive life
Freedom ll Motivational Video ll HD – 5,488 views – Motivational Videos – Published on Feb 10, 2015
Kevy – This video makes the following points that moved me when I reviewed it:
- Look around people minds and thoughts on auto pilot, allowing others to dictate and manipulate their mind and thoughts
- Your thoughts about a vision have to consume you. You must eat it, drink it, and be it.
- But if you believe in a vision, or way of life, live it. Don’t talk about it
- Your vision must illuminate from you
- No one has the right to stop you; nobody has the right to say no to what you say yes to.
- It’s your right to listen to your gut and believe in your gut over noise from others.
TD Jakes 🔴 Free Your Mind ᴴᴰ – Motivational Speech for 2018 – 26,041 views – Silent Motivation – Published on Jun 18, 2018
Kevy – This is an especially moving sermon on Freeing the Mind. The points that resonate with me are:
- It is with the mind that we serve God
- The hard drive between our ears is so impressionable and programmable that there is a constant war between good and evil for the code to program our minds
- There is a constant battle as to who will get into your mind
- All that you will do or not do, have or not have, accomplish or not accomplish is a direct derivative of this conflict that goes on in your mind.
- As a man thinks in his heart, so is he – Your attitude has all to do with your altitude
- The biggest battle that we will have is in our mind
- We want to be free because we want to be ourselves
- Free from the prisons of Love, Life, Relationships, Survival, and etc.
- Could be free physically, but not mentally
- Open doors you may never go through because you may be chained mentally
- Get exposed to a world outside of constraining thinking so that you can see there is another reality
- Once you are free in your mind, you are free no devil, system, government, no power, boss, community can hold you back
FREE YOUR MIND – Most Powerful Motivational Video – EPISODE 1 by MulliganBrothers – 90,717 views – Motivation Archive – Published on May 8, 2017
Kevy – This video is quite powerful in driving the point that you should pursue huge dreams, and benefit from the isolation that focus will cause for those around you, if they don’t embrace your goals. It says we should not regard challenges and ‘falling down’ as failure. If you dust yourself off, and get back up, after falling down, you’re a winner. Here are what I view as the most important points:
- Roll the dice – Take a chance
- If you are going to try go all the way, or don’t start
- Going after your dreams and focusing on this will bring you the gift of isolation.
- If you are going to try go all the way, you will be alone with the Gods to make things manifest.
- Accept that pain and punishment is par for the course. Don’t be surprised by challenges what your mind believes
- Stand and take it like a man, even if it is unfair.
- Complaining will make matters worse
- Pain is temporary
- Always discover huge visions and the rest will follow
- Most people think small because they are afraid of failure
- But failure is part of life. The only time you are a failure is when you fall and don’t get up
- Always consider yourself a winner if you get up
- Failures will always be there
This is your life …animated video on Motivation! – 452,588 views – Netbhet Elearning solutions – Published on Nov 1, 2012
Kevy – This video simplifies the process of freeing one’s mind. It says life is simple and short, and provides suggestions for freeing your mind. The main points are:
- Life is simple
- Open your mind
- Open your arms
- Open your Heart
- To New Things & New People
- Share your inspiring dream
- Travel often – Getting lost helps
- Life is short
- Life is simple
FREE YOUR MIND (EPIC MOTIVATION FOR 2017) – 21,625 views – VYBO – Published on Dec 12, 2016
Kevy – This is a video with a powerful TD Jakes sermon in the background, while compelling images are shown in the video. The main points are:
- If I can take it, I can make it
- The most powerful tool you have is your mind
- That’s why so many distractions are after your mind
- You can get physically sick because your mind is sick
- Fight hard to win
- You can do this
- You just have to believe you can
Freedom – Motivational Video 2015 – 94,033 views – RSD Motivation – Published on Jul 21, 2015
Kevy – This short video stressed that we are endowed with an insatiable appetite to be free that no one can stop, if we don’t allow them to. Resonating points:
- Freedom is the opportunity to live your life how you want to
- The urge for freedom cannot be suppressed while living. ….only after death.
- For most people Freedom is a dream while carrying out obligations in the real world
- For most people Freedom is another, ‘if only’…..followed by a host of external excuses
- For most, there are time to time attempts to be free restriction, get stopped when depending on changing the minds of others, and it leads to frustration and discouragement
- We all have a vision of who we want to be…..If only could pursue our dreams
- We are slaves to thoughts of other….scare to not be liked, accepted, opinions
- Whatever people think of you, won’t matter when you die
- So why waste time while living, allowing others to stunt your growth
- What makes live a better experience is seeing how far you really can go
- This is far better than sitting there doing nothing.
How to Free Yourself of Negative Thoughts | SuperSoul Sunday | Oprah Winfrey Network – 1,355,969 views – OWN – Published on Aug 5, 2012
Kevy – This video focuses on lean away from distractions and allow them to pass you by, as a strategy for freeing your mind. Main Points:
- If you want to grow, real growth happens when there is only one person of you inside
- Instead of a fearful you, a happy you, courageous you, etc. inside
- See all parts of you are unified. There must be no part of you that you are not willing to see. Be a whole person. …Self-integrity
- Once you make that decision…you will feel your energy change
- If something comes to disturb you, don’t let it pass through you, or it will become you
- What should you do is…first relax and lean away from the noise of the mind
- You will either get pulled into your problems or you will lean away from them
- Give it a way to pass through and it will pass through
- As life unfolds on a daily basis – lean away from the mess the mind creates
- Then you will be in a seat of quiet…stillness
- Then you can look at reality and then know what to do
- Because you lean out of the noise when it tries to distract you
- We are all seeking freedom, and always will. We all want this state of absolute wellbeing.
Music & Dance Videos – Free Your Mind To
Lenny Kravitz – Fly Away – 59,629,573 views – LennyKravitzVEVO – Published on Dec 3, 2007
Official video of Lenny Kravitz performing Fly Away from the album 5.
Tom Petty – Free Fallin’ – 48,697,443 views – TomPettyVEVO – Published on Jun 16, 2009
Music video by Tom Petty performing Free Fallin’. (C) 1989 UMG Recordings, Inc.
En Vogue – Free Your Mind (Official Video) – 11,600,208 views – En Vogue – nPublished on Aug 3, 2010
Ariana Grande – Break Free ft. Zedd – 952,526,685 views – ArianaGrandeVevo – Published on Aug 12, 2014
Ariana Grande “My Everything” available for download now http://smarturl.it/ArianaMyEvrythnDlxiT
Prince Rogers Nelson – “Free” 1999 – 446,222 views – Shawn Trimble – Published on Apr 21, 2016
nina simone-montreux 1976 – how it feels to be free – 990,639 views – Truong Tung Nguyen – Published on Nov 24, 2008
George Michael – Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) – 59,529,983 views – georgemichaelVEVO – Published on Oct 2, 2009
Akon “Freedom” 2009 – 6,675,807 views – Angel Valenzuela – Published on Dec 6, 2008
Ralf GUM feat. Robert Owens – Fly Free (Official Music Video) – GOGO Music – 105,001 views – GOGO Music TV – Published on Oct 1, 2012
Swahili Nation ft Bomani – Freedom (Official Music Video) – 1,434 views – Creative North – Published on Mar 10, 2018
Swahili Nation ft Bomani – Freedom (Official Music Video)
Dido – No Freedom – 8,766,661 views – DidoVEVO – Published on Mar 3, 2013
Maher Zain – Freedom | Official Music Video – 12,749,212 views – Awakening Records – Published on Mar 27, 2011
Fly Like An Eagle Steve Miller Band – 2,546,794 views – Earthstudy – Published on Aug 10, 2008
Seal – Free (Lost Daze’s Cigars & Cognac Extended) – 6,998 views – Alexey T – Published on Jul 21, 2012
Otis Redding-Sitting on the dock of the bay – 46,644,804 views – AmericanAirlinesRule – Published on Mar 29, 2009
The Ohio Players – I Want To Be Free – 6,634,829 views – Jones D – Published on Sep 25, 2010
Note: You may use Google Translate to copy and paste, then translate any posts on this website, to over 60 different languages.
Being cognizant of international visitors, I want to do all that I can to communicate wisdom globally for all.